HEARTS ENTERAL, LLC
HEARTS ENTERAL, LLC
Hearts Enteral's DME Program provided at no cost.
• There is NO cost to sign up for the program.
• Once enrolled, we will contact your medical food manufacturer and begin a special contract. • Once our contract is approved, we will begin placing your order(s) and billing your insurance plan.
• Medical foods are ordered directly from the manufacturer, we bill to your insurance company, and your orders will be shipped to the patient’s home.
• We do not have warehouses, orders will be shipped by the manufacturer and delivered to your destination.
• Affordability - a chance to be approved for 100% coverage by our program depending on your insurance plan.
**We do not accept Medicare patients. We will consider managed Medicare plans.
Medicaid; it depends on your state. We accept Managed Medicaid plans **
Partnered with Compassion Works Medical, LLC of Wayne, New Jersey
Typically "Considered' a MEDICINE, since it's designed for a certain disease and prescribed by a physician.
Medical foods are intended for the dietary management of a patient who, because of a rare genetic disease, metabolic diseases, therapeutic or chronic medical needs, has a limited or impaired capacity to ingest, digest, absorb, or metabolize ordinary foodstuffs or certain nutrients, or who has other special medically determined nutrient requirements, the dietary management of which cannot be achieved by the modification of the normal diet alone.
Medical foods provide nutritional support specifically modified for the management of the unique nutrient needs that result from the specific disease or condition, as determined by medical evaluation. For additional details about how this is defined, visit the FDA website at https://www.fda.gov/food/guidance-documents-regulatory-information-topic-food-and-dietary-supplements/medical-foods-guidance-documents-regulatory-information.
Medical foods should ONLY be used under medical supervision for patients receiving active and ongoing medical care wherein the patient requires medical care on a recurring basis for, among other things, instructions on the use of the medical food.